By: Evan Marshall
One of the biggest (and avoidable) hassles is the process of moving a file from your personal computer to a lab computer so you are able to print it. Did you know that the NWU labs support wireless printing? The process is surprisingly simple!
Note: There may be some slight variations depending on the operating system you are using on your device.
1. Open Windows Settings and search “Printers & Scanners”.
2. Select “Add a printer or scanner”.
3. Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
4. Choose “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” and click “Next”.
5. Where it says “Hostname or IP address” put in the IP address below that corresponds to the printer you’re trying to use.
6. The printer should be set up. Feel free to print a test page to make sure that it is working properly.
- Open up your System Preferences…
2. Select “Printers and Scanners”.
3. Select the “+” at the bottom left-hand corner to add the printer.
4. Select “IP” at the top of the Add window.
5. Put in the IP address for the corresponding printer you are trying to use.
6. Where it says “Name”, feel free to change it to show the printer you are using or a way that you will remember which printer it is.