ITS is a subset of Computing Services (with WITS being a subset of ITS) that works collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to provide adequate hardware and software solutions, and to develop materials and strategies that can be used to enhance teaching and learning experiences through the use of technology.
The Instructional Tech Services wing of Computing Services is responsible for providing help and support for:
- General use computer lab hardware and peripherals such as scanners, digital card readers, etc.
- General use computer lab software, including: Blackboard; WesMail; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash; and Apple iMovie and iDVD.
- Multimedia classroom hardware and software.
- Development of supplementary instructional materials.
- Development of multimedia projects or presentations for students, faculty, and staff.
- Developing alternative training and orientation strategies and sessions.
- Classroom technology purchase consultation.
- Event video recording
- Media reproduction or duplication of non-copyrighted print, CD’s, or DVD’s. Click Here to determine what you can do with copyrighted material that is covered by the academic Fair Use Guidelines.
- Color printing on standard sized paper, cardstock, or transparencies
Please Click Here to refer to more detailed information within our separate ITS guide for more assistance.
Also, ITS offers appropriate equipment, software applications, and assistance are available for the development of print media, multimedia presentations, and web sites for teachers and students at NWU. Users can choose to work on the state-of-the-art equipment that we have available in our office area (SC 109), or they can check out equipment to develop and present projects from alternative locations.