The most common thing that slows up your computer is clutter. To help relieve the clutter one thing to do is to sift out unwanted programs and files in your computer. It is not as hard as you would think to clean your computer up by your self. The first place you should clean is the Downloads Folder. Keeping your Downloads Folder clean is a good way to keep yourself organized and keep track of what you are putting on your computer.
1. Move all the files you want to keep to an organized location on your computer (ie.. Pictures to pictures folder, Music to music folder, etc..)
2. Move all other files to the Recycle Bin
3. Empty Recycle Bin
Regularly doing this will help you keep control of your computer and will keep you organized and know what’s on your computer.
The second thing you can do to clean up your computer is to throw out all the programs that you do not need. This can be scary at first but after a while, you realize how easy it is.
1. Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Under Programs go to Uninstall/Change a Program (Here you will see a list of programs, most of which you will not know what they are)
3. One at a time, Select every program that has anything to do with a tool bar (Unwanted programs mistakingly downloaded when downloading other items from the internet)
4. Uninstall it
5. From here go through the programs and find all programs you are CONFIDENT YOU DONOT USE
6. If you do not know what a program is, leave it there and/or ask.
7. If you are not sure if you should delete a program then do not delete it
Close out of the window and you are done!
This is dangerous in the sense that you could delete an important program and once it is gone it is gone. Once you become familiar with the programs on your computer you will easily be able to tell which programs are worth of being deleted